PrincetonOne RPO Long Term Care Account Specialist in Santa Ana, California
The LTC Account Specialist is responsible for driving product sales through robust, value added relationships with LTC Healthcare Providers and LTC institutions. They will require a strong skill set in LTC account networking enabling them to navigate the complexities of the LTC multilayer account systems. The LTC Account Specialist provides consultative solutions and services to existing and new LTC customers for achieving assigned objective and sales goals and profitable growth.
Territory / Account Management: Achieve assigned sales objective for the territory. Organize his/her accounts (LTC pharmacies and nursing facilities) to maximize sales impact. Review and analyze market data for developing and implementing business plans that identify and target Long Term Care (LTC) opportunities; develop critical relationships with all LTC stakeholders for effective pull-through; engage and collaborate with multiple field personnel resulting in improved volume of Sunovion’s products within LTC accounts.
Utilize given tools & technologies (sales automation system) to maximize sales effectiveness
Budget Management: Operate within the assigned expense budget. Complete administrative requirements including timely reporting, budget management, log-ins etc.
Customer Management: Execute calls on Sunovion LTC customers to provide accurate product information, Sunovion product disease state education, and ensure availability of Sunovion products in the territory. Use skills and tools to understand customer needs and adjust sales approach accordingly. Build strong business relationships with prospective and current Sunovion LTC customers.
Partnerships: Partner with multiple internal and external constituents (Retail, Institutional, LTC Partners) to maximize LTC customer satisfaction and drive profitable Sunovion product growth in LTC sales targets. Coordination with LTC Account Director and Corporate Account Director team on pull through of the strategic LTC opportunities and other LTC initiatives.
Self-Development: Complete all required trainings courses and continually update knowledge on product / disease state, LTC account and pharmaceutical environment. Proactive self-development and professional growth planning is required.
Compliance Management: Comply with all legal and regulatory compliance requirements established by Sunovion and govern the sale and promotion of its pharmaceutical products in all settings/channels.
• Manage and market Sunovion’s portfolio of products to LTC stakeholders, pharmacies and nursing facilities within assigned geography
• Develop creative and innovative approaches to grow Sunovion products while meeting the demands of the evolving LTC customer
• Strong facilitation/presentation skills capable of communicating complex disease and clinical information regardless of audience size
• Collaborate with Sunovion’s field, tele-sales and internal partners to execute on pull-through opportunities
• Utilize reimbursement expertise as it relates to Sunovion’s products with Medicare (A,B,C,D), Medicaid and commercial coverages applicable to LTC
• LTC Association engagement at county, city, state and regional level that include conference attendance and meetings
• The LTC Account Specialists will play an important role in the launch of Sunovion portfolio of products with LTC targeted customers.
Minimum Education Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree required
MBA a plus
• 3+ years pharmaceutical sales/industry required
• Experience in either institutional sales and/or LTC or Account Selling will be required
• Understanding of LTC customer roles within accounts preferred (Prescribers, DON, Consultant Pharmacists)
• Experience with multilevel LTC account-based selling (Skilled Nursing Facility, Intermediate Care Facility, Institutions for Developmentally Disabled, LTC Pharmacies) preferred
• Established excellence in Respiratory and/or CNS/epilepsy therapeutic categories preferred
Knowledge & Skills (general and technical)
Candidate must possess significant LTC customer knowledge and understand the business channels (listed in “Essential Functions”) and the business needs of each LTC target within their defined territory (LTC quality improvement, LTC patient care demographics, protocols, reimbursement). The candidate must be able to facilitate relevant discussions on the clinical and economic benefits of Sunovion promoted products promoted in the LTC channel and work closely with sales, marketing, Managed Markets and leadership to present consistent solutions to the customer. The candidate must also possess strong analytic and business planning /account management skills including but not limited to: sophisticated account business planning, leadership, communication, negotiation and influence.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or life sciences (MBA a plus), 3+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience, including account management, hospital sales, and demonstrated mastery of product and disease state knowledge. Knowledge of LTC channel is essential.
Candidates must have excellent presentation & organizational skills and be proficient with a PC (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and sales force automation systems). Travel within territory is required – may include both car and air travel depending upon territory. Some national travel to corporate headquarters, training and sales meetings may also be required on a periodic basis. Work hours may include meetings scheduled outside of normal working hours
Job ID Orange County, CA
# Positions 1